Like us on Facebook

Monday, October 19, 2009

Loneliness, Eyes, Bodies, Desires

Loneliness makes you stupid. Also, it makes you walk for miles and never move an inch. Amazing.

Consider night-life in my hometown. Or any other town the world over. Bars packed to the rafters with souls in search of whatever, that cannot be found, but stubbornly they trudge on. They will keep on knocking (with their eyes) until whoever answers.

Bodies talking, rather, begging with their unflinching language the attention that will not come.

Attention is a bitch. Do we not know it is spoken for? Surely, it will go to the under forties.

Haven’t you noticed? I have. When you reach your forties you become invisible. A mere wall painting. The Scream by Edvard Munch says it better. Museum bound.

4 comments:

  1. i'm not ready for a museum. maybe we need a bar for older guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mauro, I like the way you think. Your blog is great, so glad I found it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, John. Together, in our canonical blogosphere, we form a cohesive whole. So many people out there with so much to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes,the invisibility. Mauro, I thought it started around thirty for me. Thankfully, I met Stan around that time. I pretty sure if we went to a club, no one would notice me any longer.

    ReplyDelete