I hereby choose to smash and destroy metaphorically those things I liked the least in 2009.
- Those who in my country, Brazil, have had the nerve to gather round and thank the Lord for the bonuses (bribes) they have earned through corruption and other weird political processes.
- The Uganda Be Kidding Me debacle as in to kill or not to kill people based on their sexual orientation.
- The setbacks the LGBT struggle has suffered in my country despite all the encouraging developments in other parts of Latin America.
- Custody battles for children who through no fault of their own but solely through that of their parents undergo unheard-of suffering.
- Noxious and toxic people who only think about taking advantage of others, behave parasitically and do nothing to elevate themselves in the proverbial success (spiritual) ladder.
- Noisome diseases caused by viruses and other pathogenic agents which despite breakthroughs in science are still there to make other people's lives miserable.
All ye liars, hypocrites, racists, bigots, zealots, ponzi schemers, pedophiles, corrupt creatures and birds of prey, good riddance!
Shoo! Fly away into the nothingness where you came from and let peace and understanding, love and friendship, peace of mind and good-will prevail in 2010.
The Gods only know we deserve a better turn than the blows we've been dealt this past year. So mote it be!