Like us on Facebook

Saturday, April 3, 2010

On Bigots and Unbounded Narrow-mindedness

I thought I was out of ideas to write about by way of posts but on my Facebook page this morning there was an anonymous message, reproduced below:

---------------------------------------

"!U R A SICK MINDED HOMO FAG!AND U ARE DISCONNECTED FROM YOUR HERITAGE!A MANS' PENIS DOES N.O.T. BELONG INSIDE ANOTHER MANS ASSHOLE!!" (Sic).

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why am I being singled out? I am MULTI-RACIAL: Black, Jewish, Latin American Brazilian and White European, and I can be whatever the hell I want!!!!!I am PROUD of my mutt sexual orientation. Please do NOT give your OWN views on how I should run my life. I AM WELL-READ, KNOWLEDGEABLE and I KNOW much more than your narrow philosophical enclaves impose on you.

I HAVE READ THE BIBLE TWICE AND GOD (JESUS) NEVER SAID ANYTHING REGARDING HOMOSEXUALITY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT AND IN THE OLD, THE ONLY TIME GOD MANIFESTED ITSELF (TORAH), IN THE TEN COMMANDMENTS, HE/SHE/IT NEVER MENTIONED SEX BETWEEN MEN.

How do you know a man's penis does not belong inside another man's rectal cavity? Whoever has given you the authority to expostulate about sexual matters? For Goodness' sakes!

In lieu of harassing people, why do you not pursue literary interests? The United States has an abundance of authors, both Black and White, who write in masterful English and who have a magnificent view of humanity and the world.

Why do you not campaign for more access to education in inner-city schools? For better jobs and housing? For access to health care? Perhaps then, only then, those who share my African heritage would be able to travel and see the world; would perhaps be able to advance a notch or two in social mobility; would refine their spirits and widen their horizons.

Why harbor hatred in your soul?

11 comments:

  1. Good answer to a narrow minded fear mongering hater. I am sorry that you had to receive such a post on Facebook. I do hope you reported your "anonymous" message to the FB powers that be. They might be able to track down the hater and let them know we don't appreciate using Fb to promote hate and offend others. That's what Fox News is for. They should just take it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Stan. I have reported the hater.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not on FaceBook so I don't know how it works, but as I understood, it's for family, friends and people wanting to become your friends, so how on earth, does someone manage to penetrate this net and publish a nasty anonymous message? How does FB explain this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Duta, in my page I had "allowed" everyone to post messages. Now i have edited the settings.Only friends have access to my page now. And I have reported the person in question. Also, I know that everything, especially, in the U.S. is traceable. A phone call to the "right places" will put things aright. So, no more stress. Oh, Big Brother!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well said.

    Much b'ruchah for you and putting yourself out there.

    HaShem is cool with you - the hater.......... not so much.

    Shalom

    Damien

    ReplyDelete
  6. And by the Way, D. The Light is hovering over us all. May some of it rub off on hate givers and all those who, for sheer ignorance, choose to cause pain on others.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I have about 750 friends on Facebook out of which I may actually know about 20 or 30 of them, the rest are just people I play games with. Everyone is listed under specific groups where they can see and do or not do certain things on my page. Other people on web can see my name and picture and a link to email me if they think they know me. But other than that, I guard my privacy and sense of security as vigorously as I can. Maybe that's an approach that you can take on your page although I think that you have already started that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have, Curious. Actually, I had been so naíve up until then.. Now I know better.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Was this commentor one of your Facebook "Friends"? If so, I hope you deleted him or her. Good answer! Good answer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a feeling, J, he (she?) is in one of my friends' list and also this same individual had previously told me to stay the hell away from their videos on YouTube...I had added them as favorites...Go figure.

    ReplyDelete