Like us on Facebook

Sunday, May 2, 2010

The Great Alignment - December 21, 2012

Earth’s magnetic poles to reverse.

And that has created a lot of noise in the pseudo-scientific community. Will the world come to an end in the Winter Solstice, 2012? We do not know.

However, an event of great cosmic significance is said to be about to happen in our universe. According to ancient texts and folklore – Hopi Indians – Nostradamus – Isaac Newton, and check out the video here, FoxNewsChannel, all refer to this development in our near future.

A book has been written about it. I am not telling you to buy the book but the title is interesting: The Complete Idiot’s Guide to December 2012. Is this all utter nonsense or is there some ring of truth to this? Some people mock the fact and say it is fable.

What if there is something to it and the world does come to an end? What are we to do? What am I going to miss most about this Earth? The least? To whom shall I address my enquiries? My fears?

Will the alignment cause changes on the planet akin to those in the past in which entire species disappeared? Will our self-contained human community be just dig-uppable evidence some millions of years down the road?




Image at the top of the post: Aztec Calendar.
The Aztec calendar was an adaptation of the Mayan calendar.

6 comments:

  1. hmm... I guess Nostradamus and Fox News have a lot in common

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess, it would not be a good idea to use this as an excuse not to christmas shop. "Oh sorry, I thought the world was going to end so I didn't get you anything for Christmas".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Guys, I would much rather stick to History Channel and those PhD's they interview and who swear that no, the world is not ending on that date...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And again, it would be safe to say that not all the PHD's in the world can foresee, forecast fore this that and the other what Mother Nature has in store once she decides to put her geological powers to use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - I like your blog, which is why I have to correct your entry here. The EARTH'S magnetic poles are not going to reverse. It's the SUN'S magnetic poles that switch every 11 years and produce solar flares. And there's no data suggesting that massive extinctions have ever resulted from solar flares (and there's quite a bit of data on the subject). And those 'prophets' (some of which are cranks and others aren't predicting what you're claiming) are poets, not weathermen. The reason that the Mayan calendar ends in December of 2012 is because ... that was simply the end of their calendar - they used the astronomical age system. A new calendar starts right after it - so there was no 'end of the world' predicted.

    I love your political stuff, but try to check out some of these science facts before going on about such a subject ... and even including reports by Faux News.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Matthew, thank you. Well, I'm glad you have approached my blog with a healthy critique. I'm honored. Hopefully, you have not missed the humor, the sarcasm and the irony in it. And you are damned right we need someone to set the record straight. Thanks for that. Faux News? I have cancelled my subscription. Er...I miss the anchor...

    ReplyDelete