Like us on Facebook

Monday, June 7, 2010

Will Post Soon. Soooo Tired

That's because I just got back from a visit to our next door country, Argentina. It was a bus trip.

It was a via dolorosa because it had been a while since I had had this long a trip - by bus (coach, for some of you)! Virtually 24 hours with the requisite stops, of course!

Buenos Aires is everything in between, plus top, plus bottom. No, not that! I mean on the whole. Los Hermanos (that's what we call them) are so like us in many aspects save the language because they speak Spanish and we speak Portuguese. Give and take a few words, we can sit down and chat all night long in our own languages...

Just for fun's sake, we got stopped by the road police and they asked, (in Argentine territory!) for a "fee" to allow us to go on or would we please accept the "ticket." That's when we all got off the bus and said we were going to take this up to the very highest authorities...Oh, carry on!

It must be a pattern in this part of the Hemisphere...

I know you have questions: Save the accent, it's ALL the same...

2 comments:

  1. I like your style of writing. And you being a gancho fascinates me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, Thank you so much. That is very kind of you. Yes, I'm a Gaúcho. Born and raised. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete