Like us on Facebook

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Is Ophiuchus a New Zodiac Sign?

The confusion seems to be a result of Eastern vs. Western astrology. Most of us are familiar with tropical zodiac (Western), based on the seasons, which has not changed, though sidereal zodiac (Eastern), based on constellations, has different signs including a 13th. Is there a correct system? That's up for debate. 

The Huffington Post

We have now learned that the Zodiac signs are not what we thought they were. There is Ophiuchus up there wreaking havoc in our old way of, literally, seeing things...

Actually it had been bypassing, some say, our field of vision but now it is very much there.

All right, all right, so i'm not a Pisces anymore. i'm an Aquarius.  So what! Well, i've got to get used to the idea that what i thought was is no more.

Here are the new celestial alignments on the new claim for you:

Capricorn:                        Jan. 20-Feb. 16.
Aquarius:                          Feb. 16-March 11.
Pisces:                              March 11-April 18.
Aries:                               April 18-May 13.
Taurus:                             May 13-June 21.
Gemini:                             June 21-July 20.
Cancer:                            July 20-Aug. 10.
Leo:                                Aug. 10-Sept. 16.
Virgo:                             Sept. 16-Oct. 30.
Libra:                             Oct. 30-Nov. 23.
Scorpio:                         Nov. 23-29.
Ophiuchus:                     Nov. 29-Dec. 17.

Sagittarius:                     Dec 17 - Jan 20


Bottom line is: Is Astronomy debunking Astrology? So much for your watercooler discussions.

Enhanced by Zemanta

9 comments:

  1. Mauro:
    Can you imagine...I am now a Virgo...me, a virgin?

    See my post on this on Jan. 14th.

    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you are still under water...lol

    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't take much interest in horoscopes. However, looking at the list on your post I notice no celestial alignment to cover the period from Dec 17 to Jan. 20. I was born in this period.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How insensitive of me to leave you out of my list... There you are: a Sagittarius, Duta! Oy Vey!!! An quite frankly, THIS is all about the 13th sign! I stand corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being born on August 29th, when I was young I used to always wish that I was a Leo instead of a Virgo because it sounded so much more masculine. Now that I am a Leo I shall probably do the same thing that I did before and just ignore the whole thing.

    In fact now that I think of it I should have wished for $1million instead, I would have been so much happier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear you, Ian. A Pisces or an Aquarius... My nose to the grind.

    ReplyDelete