Like us on Facebook

Friday, April 8, 2011

On the School Shootings in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Pictured here is Wellington Menezes de Oliveira, aged 23, school shooter in Rio de Janeiro. It all happened on Thursday morning. He gunned down 11 children and left 13 wounded.

Top level authorities, The president of the country, inclusive, were on hand to lend their support to the bereaved. The nation is shocked.

He left a letter behind him. Translated by this blog, it says: 

"Firstly, the impure shall not touch me without wearing gloves, only the chaste or those who have lost their chastity after marriage and who have not been involved in adultery are allowed to touch me without wearing gloves, rather, no fornicator or adulterer will have direct contact with me; nothing that is impure is to touch my blood; no impure is to contact a virgin without their permission; those who are handling my burial are to remove my clothing, bathe me, dry me and wrap me, unclad, in a white sheet which is located in this building, in a bag I left in the first room on the first floor; after wrapping me in this white sheet, they are to place me in my coffin. 


If possible, I should like to be buried next to where my mother sleeps; my mother is Dicéa Menezes de Oliveira and she is buried in the Murundo Cemetery. 


I need the visit of a faithful follower of God to my burial place at least once; I need him to pray before my grave asking God to forgive me for what I have done and ask Jesus, on his second coming, to awaken me from death to eternal life."


He goes on to say that he has left a house in such and such a place and that it should be donated to animal causes, "Animals are neglectected beings and they are in need of much love and affection, more than humans...." and he ends the letter by begging people to display common sense and do his bidding.

Enhanced by Zemanta

8 comments:

  1. Mauro:
    That is so tragic, much the same as the many we have experienced in America. Only this time he has left a very clear written statement indicating he is indeed a religious fanatic. Who knows, maybe if he had not been so misguided he could have looked for help.
    In any case, we here in America we know how the Brazilian people feel and our thoughts and support are behind all those who lost their children.
    So, so, so very sorry
    saludos,
    raulito

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Raulito... They need our support.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sad. And that letter is unnerving. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is, J.P. I don't like it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mauro,
    That is horrible news. I hadn't heard about this. Clearly this guy had issues its so sad people weren't able to get him help before all this happened.

    BosGuy

    ReplyDelete
  6. And now they are trying to pick his brains apart, post mortem, to find answers, Bos... Too late!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if the translation is off or the boy simply didn't understand what he was writing but it appears to be a mimicry of older gnostic texts used and reused in many different religions when describing how holy warriors, and more recently jihadists, should be treated both in life and after they're dead.
    Very strange.
    But not an uncommon delusion in people who feel disenfranchised and oppressed unfairly and almost universally without any real causal incident or realistic source.
    It reveals him to be the misguided and violent waste of life better off dead.
    Good riddance to bad rubbish and may his victims receive their vengeance in the next world.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Only just now, Cogent, details of his idyosincratic behavior are emerging. Nobody knows what to make of this. People say he had been bullied when at school. Bullying alone does not explain the tragedy.

    ReplyDelete